Well, the summer is saying Bye-Bye, and you want to store the pool and pack in the winter and to keep it set and clean for the summer days.
The pool needs to drain now or after. Nobody wants the cloudy and impurity in the pool water. This article will cover ways to drain an above-ground pool with easy super-fast steps that will give you the walk-through to let the water out.
How to drain an above-ground pool with a pump?
What you will need just the medium-sized- water or vacuum pump and then start.
- Unroll the pump intake’s hose and make sure that it is in the center of the pool. Make sure to keep it close to it and submerge it.
- Make sure to keep dry your hands.
- Keep the hose in a way that it wouldn’t flood in the area and drain it by maintaining some distance from the pool to avoid the water flood.
- Now you will just plug the pump’s cod in the nearest electric board and on it. Make sure to check about the pump is working efficiently and let it run.
- Observe the water level in the pool by standing near the pool. If you feel that the level of the water is going down then it’s time to turn off the pump now, because it is all set to drain.
How to drain an above-ground pool with hose siphon?
This is a super effective way to drain the water from the pool. You may have the garden hose in your house. Be cautious, though: Don’t use your mouth to start. The result will be a mouthful of pool water.
- Submerge both sides of the hoses in the pool. Wait until it is filled with water.
- Now lift out the end of the hose and keep it out from the pool and put it on the ground. But make sure about the other end will remain in the pool. The time to drain directly depend on how much water is in the pool.
Now, lets’ talk about reasons that cause you to drain your pool.
Why do you need to drain an above ground pool?
The pool must be drained at least once in a few years. If you don’t do this, the results will be cloudy water with impurities, dirt, and germs.
You will need to drain out in the following scenarios:
Replacing the pool liner:
You can repair the pool liner without draining it, but only of if you are using a good and reliable underwater repair kit. But if you encounter an issue during replacement, you will have to drained the pool out.
Changing stale water:
At the time of pouring the fresh and new water, make sure to drain out all the old ones. Make sure that if the correct pool care is applied, properly winterizing and close your pool. Then there is no need to replace the water.
Adjust your pool chemistry:
The chemical imbalances can be resolved without drain the pool with the exception of “chlorine lock“. That happens due to excess pH and mood stabilizer that is only gets resolved after draining out the pool.
Moving your pool to the new location:
A full of water is difficult to move to a new location as it can cause damage if you try to do so even if you are shifting it to few feet. So in this case the draining is mandatory.
Storing the pool:
You need to drain it if you are up to packing it up for the winter or to free up space in the yard. Make sure to remove it properly.
Well, these methods hopefully work for you at the time of draining the pool. Try it out when you are heading up to pack up, close out, and be struck with the problems that may require a complete water drain from the pool. Before draining the pool make sure to use these effective ways that are proven and work well. Make sure to drain your pool again to get rid of stale water, refill your pool with new and water so that you can feel and enjoy it in a healthy way.