Last Updated on
If you see your garage like the man cave it is – you are probably trying to make it squeaky clean and well-equipped at all times. However, there are just too many garage products out there and tools that you need for when the time is right (or when your car breaks down).
The thing is…
A well-equipped garage is not only a man’s dream. It is also something that makes your home more practical and your car work more efficient. Every man can enjoy in a garage that is tailored to his needs – and there are certain garage tools and products that help in this manner.
Today, we are listing the six most important garage products you need to have in your man cave.
So, are you ready to see what’s missing on your shelves?
1.Lights Of All Kinds
Having natural light in your garage is not a privilege – it is a common need. Yet, many garages are not blessed with such features. Plus, light means windows, which then means a space that is easy to break into.
So, how do you solve this problem?
Our best guess is by gearing up with light products of all kinds. Admit it – you have fumbled around in a harsh shadow or darkness while trying to find your car keys or the clutch slave cylinder. So, the idea is that light is necessary for the garage – not to mention its importance for different mechanical proceedings.
Some of the best lights and products in this category include:
- TriLight 3000 Lumen Motion Activated Ceiling Light – This is the perfect ceiling light for any garage, attic, basement or home. It shines as bright as a diamond and gives you the perfect working area in your garage.
- Linkable LED Utility Shop Light With 4800 Lumens – Even brighter than the above mentioned, this hanging lamp is the ideal solution for your garage lighting – boasting with 4800 Lumens with a unique LED certification.
- Spotlights Work Lights Outdoor Camping Light – Whether you use it as your go-to portable light in the garage or the ideal outdoor camping light, this amazing LED light works on rechargeable Lithium batteries – and has USB ports to charge your mobile too!
- Lumintop Max 550 Lumens Flashlight – For all the times you are under your car, you need a reliable flashlight. This click-tail torch will give you 550 Lumens of light which is more than enough, and help you with all those fixing projects.
2. Safety Products
The fact that most men spend alone time in their garages brings the need for proper safety. When it comes to safety in the garage, you should know that since it is an enclosed space, there may be a lot of explosive liquid (gasoline), an electrical energy source (battery) or flammable materials (shop rags) that are only a few things that can burn and put your life to risk.
So, what do you do to ensure complete safety at the garage?
We are recommending gearing up with the following products:
- Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher With Wall Hooks – Perfect for the garage thanks to its hooks, this fire extinguisher is more than a garage necessity. After all, enclosed spaces are usually packed with flammable materials. It goes without saying that you should have something on hand to put out a fire.
- First Aid Kit With 326 Pieces – This universal first aid kit is perfect for the garage – but also for your home. It is designed by the number one leading manufacturer of First Aid Kits in the USA and comprises of even 326 different pieces of treatment products. The kit is FDA approved and exceeds the safety standards for emergency first aid for both adults and kids.
- Wall-Mounted & Weather Resistant Key Safe Box – If you have a lot of keys and find it hard to organize them, this key safe box can be the perfect unit where you can store them. From your cabinet keys to your car key, it is wall mounted and opened with a 4-digit combination code that only you will know.
- Zmodo Wireless Security Camera (2 Pack) – One of the best ways to protect your garage is with installing a surveillance camera system. This product by Zmodo is quite affordable and includes a set of two cameras that operate through WiFi and give you a top-quality HD experience. They are even packed with night vision! Our best advice is to place one of them outside of your garage overlooking your driveway, and the other one inside your garage.
3. Storage Racks
Let’s face it – every garage needs decent store racks, cabinets and other options. Since they are compact spaces with a lot of tools, garages are meant to be as practical as possible.
The best way to choose storage options is based on the size of your garage, the available space inside and your specific needs.
Below, we are listing some of the best options.
- Fleximounts 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack – This is one of the products that will make even the smallest garages functional. The reason behind that is the fact that these storage racks are positioned overhead and attached to only 2 joists.
- VonHaus 4-Tier Garage Shelving Unit – If you need the classic four-tiered garage shelving option, this is the product to choose. Made from top-quality black plastic, it gives you spacious utility storage shelves and six even shelves to position your garage belongings on.
- Mop Broom Holder RockBirds – Believe it or not, this mop holder will soon become a thing you love in your garage only because of its functionality to store all of your mops and brooms in one place. With it, you won’t lose a mop again or not know where you left it.
- Keter 5-Drawer Modular Garage Tool Organizer – The best unit for storing your garage tools is one that has multiple drawers in multiple sizes. One of that kind is this modular garage tool organizer by Keter that is among the best sellers on the market.
4. Tool Kits And Boxes
A garage is not a garage without tools of all kinds. Whether it’s for your garden, for your car or for your home, a DIY tool kit always helps the savvy homeowner fix this and that around the home. Plus, it is a great way to learn more about your favorite hobbies and become the master DIY-er out there.
So, what do you need when it comes to tool kits?
We recommend gearing up with the following sets.
- KSEIBI Household Garage Car Repair Tool Set (22 Pcs.) – This car repair tool set includes a variety of screwdrivers and pliers with hex key and measuring tape. All of the tools are made from heavy-duty chrome steel and are soft enough to make your job done.
- Vastar 102-Piece Home Repair Tool Kit – In this set of 102 pieces, you have everything you need to repair anything inside your home. The set is designed to be used for daily home maintenance and includes everything from screwdrivers to wrenches, pliers, utility knives, measuring tapes, hammers and more. The handles on the box are ergonomically designed and all of the products are made of chrome-vanadium steel.
- UKOKE 12-Piece Aluminum Garden Tool Set – This garden tool set contains 12 pieces of high quality tools for your garden that are ergonomically designed to reduce hand and arm fatigue. They include aluminum made blades and other items made of high carbon SK-5 steel. This ensures toughness, sharpness and durability all while giving your garden the proper treatment. There is even a waterproof apron with multiple organizer pockets included in the set.
5. Air Compressor
A great air compressor goes a long way when used in the garage. In reality, it is more than just a necessity as it opens up an entire new world of possibilities. From inflating your tires to blow-cleaning and drying parts and using its air tools, it justifies as a moderate expense.
There are several options when it comes to air compressors mainly based on their different voltage and more sophisticated features.
Below, we are listing some of the bestselling products on the market.
- Digital Tire Inflator With Auto Pump – This inflator comes with 3 adaptors for inflatables, an extra fuse, a carry bag as well as a bonus of four self monitoring valve caps. It is very easy to use, convenient and safe for travels. For garage owners, it is easily one of the handiest tools out there.
- AUDEW Portable Air Compressor Pump – This pump is meant for heavy duty usage. It boasts with 150psi and 12V of power, making it the perfect tire inflator for cars, trucks, RVs, bicycles and a range of other applications. It is also safe to say that this product is among the most popular new releases.
- Portable Air Compressor Pump By GLiving – If you are looking for a tire inflator that is easy to use, this is definitely a product for your needs. Equipped with a lot of extra features such as LED lighting, adjustable settings and three valve adapters, it is functional and practical for the garage.
- Bostitch 6-Gallon Oil-Free Compressor – This compressor comes either as a 1-tool, 2-tool or a 3-tool compressor and combo kit. You can also purchase the compressor alone and see why it is among the top quality pumps for convenient use.
6. Jack Stands Or Lifts
The lot of your car and all the important stuff lie underneath. So, it goes without saying that you need a decent set of tools to be able to lift your car. Now, we know that your garage can’t beat the one at your mechanic, but…
With the right set of jack stands or a proper lift, you can remove your car wheels at all times. Good jacks with safety pins are an immeasurable asset when working on your car.
So, which product to choose from?
- Powerbuilt All-In-One 3-Ton Jack With Stand – This is one of the most reliable tools in the market today according to many buyers – and a tool solution for almost every situation. Able to handle up to 3 tons of weight, it comes with jack stand and bottle jack as all-in-one unit.
- Craftsman Floor Jack And 3 Ton Jack Stands – This unique combination of a floor jack and three ton jack stands is great for lifting any vehicle that is up to 2 and a half tons. With it, you can keep safe while working under your car and get the maximum lift all thanks to the ratchet design that lifts the vehicle in a smooth upward movement.
- Pro Lift 3 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack With Stands – This set of mechanics features three garage essentials coming in one convenient package as a Ton Garage jack, 3 ton jack stands and detachable creeper. The set provides easy maneuverability and is 36 inches in length with the capacity of 300 lbs.
A Final Word
From fixing the lawn mower to upgrading or modding your car – your garage needs to be the most functional space in your home. If you love DIY projects, we hope that these products helped you ramp it up and get everything you need at the best prices possible.
With the right and high quality tools, there is no doubt that your garage hobbies will get infinitely easier and more rewarding. Plus, you will get more experienced and will always know what’s next on the list of products that you need.
Good luck with your DIY garage work!