Last Updated on
What could be worse than vacuuming?
How about vacuuming when you have pets in the house?
If you’ve got furballs at home, you’ll need no introduction to the hair and dander that gets seemingly everywhere. Luckily, robotic vacuums are becoming increasingly proficient. If you fancy keeping your pet-stuffed home spotless without lifting a finger, one of the robotic vacuums we highlight today might be just what you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll launch right in with our reviews of the following awesome robovacs:
5 Best Robotic Vacuum for Pet Hair
We’ll get directly down to business with our reviews. After presenting 5 of the best choices on the market for your home and garden, we’ll walk you through how to focus on getting the most appropriate tool for your needs.
What makes it stand out then?
iRobot roll out dual brushes on its deep bench of robotic vacuums. These multi-surface and highly efficient brushes come with a self-adjusting cleaning head. This allows your Roomba to skip neatly from cleaning carpets to scouring your hard flooring without scratching it.
Multi-stage filtration ensures that all the debris sucked in remains neatly sealed away so you can breathe more easily. All that pet hair and dander that can play havoc with allergies is slickly dealt with and pulled from the floor.
Proprietary Dirt Detect sensors identify any areas in need of deeper cleaning so you won’t need to follow behind Roomba with a regular vac. This really is the next best thing to maid service without that crippling monthly bill.
- Robust triple-stage filtration leaves the air in your home spotless
- Available with or without virtual barrier and replenishment kits
- Impressive suite of sensors to buff up your hard flooring and blitz ingrained dirt from your carpets
- Angled edge sweeping brush for corner-to-corner cleaning every time
- Up to 90 minutes of battery life before Roomba automatically heads back to the charging station
- We would like to see the dirt container slightly larger to prevent such regular emptying
The combined mopping and vacuuming functionality gives you a diversity of cleaning not available on the opposition. If you have plenty of hard flooring you need maintained with minimum effort, the S5 delivers fully.
Hit Carpet Mode and the brushes will adapt to agitate and remove even the stubbornest debris.
Runtime extends to almost three hours which is unbeatable for a robotic vacuum. Even if you have a sprawling home, Roborock should clean it all in one session. Once the battery fades away, the robovac hustles back over to the base station.
While navigation is overall quite fluid, S5 finds it tough to climb up over higher rugs so bear this in mind before committing to purchase.
Robovac S5 is a mid-range Alexa-enabled robotic vacuum well worth popping on your shortlist.
- Designed to mop and sweep at the same time for a comprehensive clean
- Switch to carpet mode so you can get maximum value from this automated workhorse
- Class-leading 150-minute runtime means even a large home can be cleaned in a single session
- Smart navigation ensures your robot can seamlessly navigate even more complex layouts with ease
- Helpful, responsive customer care and a dependable 1-year limited warranty
- Struggles to climb onto deep-pile rugs
Watch your robotic helper glide underneath all those chairs without getting bogged down.
Despite the slender footprint, Robovac is surprisingly rugged and capable of withstanding a few knocks on its cleaning rounds.
This vacuum excels on hard floors and will also serve a turn on low and medium-pile carpets. Don’t expect it to work well with deep-pile carpets or rugs, though.
As an added bonus, you’ll get all that cleaning power without too much noise so you won’t end up disturbing the neighbors.
Solid infrared sensors and drop-sensing tech keep your robotic vacuum anchored to the floor and navigating with panache.
- The slimmest robotic vacuum on the market at less than 3 inches across
- Outstanding suction power while still kicking out relatively little noise
- Rugged tempered glass surface is highly scratch-resistant
- Generous range of accessories included
- No-quibbles 1-year limited guarantee for your peace of mind
- You’ll need 6 feet clear on all sides of the docking station so factor this in before committing to purchase
You can not only schedule cleaning in-app on your smartphone, you can arrange for your robovac to spring into gear using voice commands and Alexa. All you need to make this possible is an Echo smart speaker or smart display.
The brushes are designed to acquit themselves equally well on carpets and bare flooring. You’ll get more than enough power to scour the grimiest carpet but not so much that you’ll scuff and scratch your wooden floors.
The intelligent sensors allow Roomba to nimbly pick its way around your room even if you’ve got a more involved layout. You shouldn’t find the robot getting snarled up either.
With an hour and a half of runtime on a single charge, this capable all-rounder is a must if you have pets in the home and you want some automated assistance with cleaning up after them.
- Fully WiFi-enabled with Alexa capability if you have an Echo device in place
- Multi-surface brushes deal effectively with all kinds of debris
- Robust 90 minutes of runtime then Roomba heads automatically back to base
- Dirt detect sensors baked in so your robovac can give special attention to high-traffic areas with heavier soiling
- Agile navigation thanks to a suite of sensors so Roomba shouldn’t get snarled up
- Can clean hardwood floors slightly vigorously
What’s not to love?
Well, the price tag is unlikely to please you but when you consider overall value and the fact you’ll never need to grab the vacuum again, it suddenly doesn’t seem like such bad value.
The triple-layered filtration wicks all those contaminants, pet hair, and dander safely away from the air in your home.
Mapping is first-class and you’ll be able to create no-go zones, ideal if you want to keep your Roomba away from the dog bowls.
Equally handy cleaning carpets and wooden flooring, you’ll get a versatile robotic helper that does literally everything for you. Give one a try and you won’t look back!
- Vacuum not only cleans up on its own but is self-emptying too so you really don’t need to lift a finger
- Multiple bundles available for your convenience
- Superb triple-stage filtration for cleaner air
- Cleans carpet and hard flooring with equal ease and truly impressive suction
- High-efficiency filter
- Can clean hardwood floors slightly vigorously
OK, as usual we’ll be finishing up with some handy pointers to simplify your buying decision as well as the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about robotic vacs designed for pet hair.
Why Should You Buy a Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair?
As you’ll know if you’re a pet owner, cats and dogs constantly shed hair. This seems to get absolutely everywhere from the carpets to the furniture and everywhere in between.
If you’ve got several pets at home, it might feel like as soon as you’ve packed the vacuum away, the floors and chairs are laced with hair again. Then there’s all that dander and, of course, the food spillages and other chaos pets leave in their wake.
Investing in a robotic vacuum for pet hair allows you to keep on top of all that detritus your pets leave behind without physically lifting a finger.
Here are some of the main reasons why these automated cleaners make so much sense for pet owners:
- Total Convenience
- Regular Cleaning With No Effort Required
- Blitz Mixed Flooring With Complete Confidence
Convenience is the key selling point with all robotic vacuums. Those intended to deal with the mess pets leave behind are no different.
While everyone naturally wants a spotless home, finding enough time for constant cleaning can be tough if you have hairy dogs running all over the place. A robovac ensures you don’t need to compromise on hygiene even if your schedule is hectic.
Schedule cleaning when you’re out and about or stay home and oversee cleaning duties. Either way, you won’t need to physically lift a finger with an all-new android helper in the house.
Regular Cleaning With No Effort Required
If you have animals at home, you should ideally clean up at least daily. Who, though, has the time or even the inclination to buff up the flooring more than once a day? Anyone with the foresight to pick up a robotic vacuum, that’s who!
Blitz Mixed Flooring With Complete Confidence
Does your home have mixed flooring? If so, you’ll likely be aware that vacuums designed to deep-clean carpets are far too abrasive for wooden floors. The brush roll can end up scratching and scraping your parquet so what can do about this?
If you have a combination of carpeting and wood floors, you should look for a robovac designed to work well on all surfaces. Get the suction you need on carpet or dial it right back when you’re cleaning laminate.
1) Do I need to spend $1000 on a robotic vacuum?
While robotic vacuums were all ruthlessly expensive, as the technology has become mass-adopted, so prices have tumbled. So, you can certainly spend four figures on robotic vacuums but there’s no longer any need to do so. A few hundred dollars should yield you a serviceable device delivering all the basics and eliminating all that pet hair clogging everything up.
2) What does HEPA filtration do?
A HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter is the gold standard when it comes to filtration. To qualify as a true-HEPA filter, a vacuum is tested under rigorous lab conditions and must get rid of 99.97% of all particles down to a size of 0.3 microns. While particles this size are far too small to see with the naked eye, you can breathe them in to damaging effect. Whether you have allergies, asthma, or pets in the house, a HEPA filter lets you breathe more easily.
3) What sort of runtime should I be looking for?
Since you can schedule you cleaning whenever it’s most convenient, the length of runtime is not as important as it is with a regular cordless vacuum. If you’re out for lunch and the robovac fails to finish in a single sitting, the job will be polished off after a quick burst of charge. You should look for robot vacs with around an hour of runtime for larger homes.
4) Can I use voice control with robotic vacuums?
Most of the range-topping robovacs allow you to use Google Assistant or Alexa. You need a smart speaker or smart display then you can take the helm hands-free. If you’re not a huge fan of voice control, take charge in-app on your cellphone.
5) Are robotic vacuums likely to tumble down the stairs?
No. The anti-fall tech onboard should prevent this and allow your robotic helper to self-correct if it nears a falling hazard.
6) Can I demarcate areas I don’t want the vacuum to clean?
Yes, this is straightforward. Create all the no-go zones you need in-app then rest secure that your robovac won’t invade the cat’s feeding place or the kids’ playing area.
7) Are all robotic vacuums capable of self-emptying?
No, they’re not. If you want this kind of luxury, you’ll need an upscale vac like the Roomba i7+.
8) Do robovacs tend to get stuck under the furniture? If so, how can I mitigate this?
The intelligent design and sensors mean your vacuum shouldn’t struggle or get stuck under furniture. You should also have no problem with edge-to-edge cleaning thanks to the slim profiles and low-slung design of most robotic vacuums.
9) When does my robotic vacuum needs charging?
The vast bulk of these machines will now return automatically to the docking station when they need a burst of charge. How about if this happens in the middle of the cleaning cycle? No problem, your vacuum should restart cleaning exactly where it left off!
10) How often should I use my robotic vacuum if I’ve got pets at home?
As often as you possible can. Since the typical stumbling block to continual cleaning is the effort involved, there’s no excuse not to roll out your robot daily!
A Final Word
You should now be perfectly placed to pick up the most suitable robotic vacuum to deal with all that pesky pet hair.
Bookmark Homendgarden and be sure to pop back regularly whenever you need any guidance on the best products for your home. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s anything we can do to help you. See you soon!